Thursday, July 19, 2012

I Shoulda Been A Sister Wife


So there’s this show. I’m kind of into it. Ok, kind of a lot.

(Photo courtesy HollywoodLife.com)

If you’re not familiar with these fine folks, allow me to elaborate. They are the 5 Browns (not the pianists). They are Fundamentalist LDS and their church is still in favor of polygamist marriage. They’re not like Warren Jeffs and his compound of juvenile wives with long frizzy hair and pioneer dresses (although Mr. Brown’s hair often makes up for that). They’re, like, normal and stuff.

The third season of their TLC reality show just wrapped. And I’m lonely.

Photo courtesy TLC/debbieschlussel.com

For approximately 8 months of the year, Sister Wives fills an immeasurable gap in my pathetic life. I believe it is the gap where my personal slave bff should exist. Oh, I have friends (I promise!), but my daydreams are filled with images of a girl-next-door bestie who just happens to wear the same size clothing (with a way better wardrobe), throws fabulous dinner parties on the weekends, and enjoys my children so much that she invites them over for tea and crumpets every afternoon while I catch up on my R&R. However, I have not as yet found the lucky lady who fits that bill, and have thereby come to the conclusion that sister wifery is most definitely the next best thing.

I mean really, what’s not to love? Live-in friends, intense female bonding, on-the-spot babysitters, people to cook and clean when I don’t want to (daily)... and let’s not forget the fact that there would always be at least one other to shoulder some of the weight when it comes to that surprisingly needy grown man called husband.

And so I ask again: What’s not to love?!

Yes, my husband is awesomely cooperative. Mostly.

Oh yeah, there is that whole sharing my spouse with another woman thing. Nevermind.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh! I do like that show and some people think I'm weird for it. The whole sharing the husband thing is deffinately a dealbreaker. PS could someone explain to me how they can do something so illegal on a tv ship and not get busted? (I haven't made it past season 1)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're definitely NOT weird Alison. And you need to keep watching! Are you using Netflix for it? they have... 1 1/2 seasons? It's not that many episodes, and the rest are hard to come by on the internet, unfortunately, but it's better than nothing.

      Delete